1. Cole M, Ciampi A, Belzile E, Zhong L. Persistent delirium in older hospital patients: A systematic review of frequency and prognosis. Age and Ageing. 2009;38(1):19-26.
2. American Psychiatric Association. Neurocognitive disorders. In: American Psychiatric Association, editor. Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (DSM-5). Arlington, VA: Author; 2013. p. 591-602.
3. Hatherill S, Flisher A. Delirium in children and adolescents: A systematic review of the literature. Journal of Psychosomatic Research. 2010;68:337-44.
4. Stenwall E, Sandberg J, Jönhagen M, Fagerberg I. Relatives’ experiences of encountering the older person with acute confusional state: Experiencing unfamiliarity in a familiar person. International Journal of Nursing Practice. 2008;3(4):243-51.
5. Stenwall E, Jönhagen M, Sandberg J, Fagerberg I. The older patient’s experience of encountering professional carers and close relatives during an acute confusional state: An interview study. International Journal of Nursing Studies. 2008;45(11):1577-85.
6. Leentjens A, Schieveld J, Leonard M, Lousberg R, Verhey F, Meagher D. A comparison of the phenomenology of pediatric, adult and geriatric delirium. Journal of Psychosomatic Research. 2008;64:219-23.
7. Turkel S, Trzepacz P, Tavare C. Comparing symptoms of delirium in adults and children. Psychosomatics. 2006;47(4):320-4.
8. de Lange E, Verhaak P, van der Meer K. Prevalence, presentation and prognosis of delirium in older people in the population, at home and in long term care: A review. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry. 2013;28(2):127-34.
9. Bruce A, Ritchie C, Blizard R, Lai R, Raven P. The incidence of delirium associated with orthopedic surgery: A meta-analytic review. International Psychogeriatrics. 2007;19(2):197-214.
10. Siddiqi N, House A, Holmes J. Occurrence and outcome of delirium in medical in-patients: A systematic literature review. Age and Ageing. 2006;35(4):350-65.
11. Laurila J, Laakkonen M, Laurila J, Timo S, Reijo T. Predisposing and precipitating factors for delirium in a frail geriatric population. Journal of Psychosomatic Research. 2008;65(3):249-54.
12. Fong T, Tulebaev S, Inouye S. Delirium in elderly adults: Diagnosis, prevention and treatment. Nature Reviews Neurology. 2009;5(4):210-20.
13. Grover S, Kate N, Malhotra S, Chakrabarti S, Mattoo SK, Avasthi A. Symptom profile of delirium in children and adolescent - does it differ from adults and elderly? General Hospital Psychiatry. 2012;34:262-632.
14. Day J, Higgins I. Existential absence: The lived experience of family members during their older loved one’s delirium. . Qualitative Health Research. 2015.
15. Breitbart W, Gibson C, Tremblay A. The delirium experience: Delirium recall and delirium-related distress in hospitalised patients with cancer, their spouses/caregivers, and their nurses. Psychosomatics. 2002;43(3):183-94.
16. Gagnon P, Charbonneau C, Allard P, Soulard C, Dumont S, Fillion L. Delirium in advanced cancer: A psychoeducational intervention for family caregivers. Journal of Palliative Care. 2002;18(4):253-61.
17. Lipowski ZJ. Delirium: Acute confusional states. New York: Oxford University Press; 1990.
18. Day J, Higgins I. Adult family member experiences during an older loved one's delirium: a narrative literature review. Journal of Clinical Nursing. 2015:n/a-n/a.
19. Andersson E, Knutsson I, Hallberg I, Norberg A. The experience of being confused: A case study. Geriatric Nursing. 1993;14(5):242-7.
20. Fagerberg I, Jönhagen ME. Temporary confusion: A fearful experience. Journal of Psychiatric & Mental Health Nursing. 2002;9(3):339-46.
21. McCurren C, Cronin SN. Delirium: Elders tell their stories and guide nursing practice. MEDSURG Nursing. 2003;12(5):318-23.
22. Sorensen Duppils G, Wikblad K. Patients' experiences of being delirious. Journal of Clinical Nursing. 2007;16(5):810-8.
23. Andersson E, Norberg A, Hallberg I. Acute confusional episodes in elderly orthopaedic patients: The patients' actions and speech. International Journal of Nursing Studies. 2002;39:303-17.
24. Andersson E, Hallberg I, Norberg A, Edberg A. The meaning of acute confusional state from the perspective of elderly patients. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry. 2002;17(7):652-63.
25. Harding R, Martin C, Holmes J. Dazed and confused: Making sense of delirium after hip fracture. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry. 2008;23(9):984-6.